Monday, September 6, 2010

The last leg of my journey (hopefully)!

As this new school year begins, I am both excited and frustrated. I am excited because I am entering my last year of college courses required to obtain my teaching license which is something I have been working toward for six long years. I am frustrated because I have the opportunity to be in the classroom teaching right now, and I am not. I have wondered time and again over the past 4 months what I could possibly be doing wrong in my attempts at securing a teaching position. The only conclusion I have come to is that it is just not my time yet. That time is fast approaching, however.

Since I am not teaching this semester, I am going to make the most of the extra time I have to better prepare myself for what is to come. My fellow classmates will help me more than they will ever know by providing their own personal, first-year experiences in their blogs. I plan on slowly acquiring materials for my classroom as I have been told that the allotment provided by the schools is never enough. I feel like I am trying to furnish a brand new house from scratch!

Another thing I plan on doing is to compile a lesson plan "portfolio" of sorts. This will be a difficult task since I won't know what grade level or what subject I will be teaching. However, I feel that it will be beneficial regardless of what I will be teaching. This will be time-consuming, but I will feel better prepared at the start of my first year of teaching with some planned-out lessons already in my arsenol.

I have not given up on finding a teaching job this semester. I am still applying for open positions in my area. However, I have come to terms with having to wait at least one more semester to finally reach my goal. It has been a long journey, but I am so excited to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment