Monday, September 13, 2010

My dream has become a reality!

Well, the past week has been eventful and full of very pleasant surprises! I came down with a very nasty cold early last week and decided to take last Wednesday off from work to try to recuperate. Little did I know that my sick day would be the beginning of something wonderful.

I received a phone call at about 12:45 from the assistant principal at Jacksonville Middle School requesting an interview. I jumped at the chance, of course, and was a little stunned when it was scheduled for 2:30 that afternoon! Needless to say, I was in a frenzy to get ready. I had no time to prepare and really felt that I was in no way ready to head into the interview. I dug deep, however, and put on my happy, confident face. The interview went extremely well, and I was told I would hear something by Friday. Friday rolled around, and I did not hear a word from the school. I started the weekend a little down, but happy that I had one more interview under my belt.

My weekend was extremely busy, and I did not have much time to be disappointed between family and school. Today started like any typical Monday with a mad dash to get my children to school and myself to work. Then, at 10:30 AM, my six years of hard work and dedication finally paid off. I received a phone call from the principal of Jacksonville Middle School and was offered a position teaching 7th grade math and 6th grade finance.

Words cannot accurately describe my feelings at that moment, but gratitude, elation, and fear were all mixed in there. I laughed, I cried, and I laughed some more. I'm not sure that it has fully sunk in yet that I will finally be realizing my dream of teaching in about one week. I have so much to do, and I can't seem to wrap my brain around any of it. Lots to do with very little time to do it in, but I am so ready for this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment